Hollyfield Pre School Nursery’s goal is to provide a happy, safe, secure and stimulating indoor and outdoor environment where everybody’s ideas, experiences and individualities are valued. Together we will share the excitement of learning through exploring, communicating and meeting new challenges that are relevant and have interest to us. We educate the WHOLE CHILD and embrace a CAN DO ethos. We want to enable the children to grow as self-confident, well-balanced people of the world.
At Hollyfield Nursery we aim to:
- Provide a happy, safe, warm and stimulating environment through a holistic approach for all children to play, learn and develop freely at their own pace.
- Provide the highest quality teaching and learning experiences for all children that takes account of, and responds to, the children’s interests, and developmental needs and allows them to make progress on an individual basis. We will start from where the child is now and create next steps in their learning.
- Know and respect our children and their families as individuals, celebrating the richness of diversity and identity.
- Develop strong and trusting relationships with our families and to work in partnership with them to provide high quality play and care for their children.
- Value and nurture children's curiosity, creativity and desire to make sense of the world, giving time for their thoughts and ideas, and value to their work, their conversations and their feelings.
- Recognise and value children's strengths, interests and learning styles so that they develop confidence, independence and high self-esteem.
- Develop a staff team that is committed to working in partnership to best meet the needs of children and their families.
- Offer inclusive services that are accessible to all children in the community.
- Encourage children to have a positive attitude and respect for both themselves and other people.
- Support the children in making the transition to the next steps of their education with enthusiasm and confidence following a happy and fun-filled time at Hollyfield.
Respect: We promote respect for self, others and a pride in our Nursery.
Consideration: We are caring and help each other.
Equality: We promote equal opportunities across race, culture, gender, religion, language, disability and special needs.
Co-operation: We work as a team. Acceptance: Everyone in our community is valued. Honesty: We promote open, honest, sensitive and constructive communication. Partnership: As well as building positive links between nursery and home, we reach out to build bridges to enhance learning (the home, local community, other providers, national and international).
Quality: We have high expectations of ourselves, and other partners as well as the children.
Well-being: We prioritise happiness along with being healthy and staying safe.